And So It Begins...

The line for "Star Wars" at Washington's Uptown Theater has begun. I spoke this morning with line organizer Adrienne Maul-Sari.  That's right, her last name used to be Maul until she got married and decided to hyphenate. She legally changed it after developing an attachment to Darth Maul from "The Phantom Menace."  (People, I couldn't make up this stuff if I tried.)

Adrienne expected about a dozen or so people to get in line today (in case you're wondering, yes, people can come and go as they please as long as they check-in with Adrienne or one of her helpers). In addition to waiting for a good seat for the midnight showing on the 18th/19th, the Kenobi queuers are raising money for the Children's Hospital Foundation.

Over on the Going Out Gurus blog, I posted my thoughts on "Revenge of the Sith," which I saw yesterday. One of my colleagues also already suggested -- in jest, of course -- a few ways to annoy the fans in the "Star Wars" line. How very crass of the Gurus. It's a good thing I'm not associated with those jokers.

--Jen

By washingtonpost.com |  May 6, 2005; 3:22 PM ET  | Category:  'Sith' Prep
Previous: Greetings, Jedis | Next: Digital Dooku

Comments

Star Wars are the best movies I've ever seen. I think the third movie will be the best. I'm wondering if there will be a seventh one because on my Star Wars game Luke has daughter with someone I don't know who but Luke's daughter has a pink lightsaber and she beomes the strongest Jedi. I'm also thinking Luke go's to the Darkside because he got his hand cut off like his father and also his dad was on the Darkside and he found out all the power he could have on the Darkside that's why I'm wondering if there'le be a seventh movie so if there is a seventh movie please write me back if not just send me a letter saying there won't be a seventh one or say the creator ain't going to make a nother movie THANKYOU.

Posted by: Ashton Ray | May 10, 2005 10:42 PM

I love Star Wars soooo much. I especially like it when Dr. Spock does his mind meld. I think the next Star Wars movie should be about Dr. Spock! May the Force be with him!

Posted by: Walailux Nethin | May 19, 2005 04:29 PM

I can't believe all these fools are excited about a CHILDRENS movie! Why don't you get a few GOOD grown-up DVD's like "Foul Play" with Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn or "The Toy" starring Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason? I've got to go now. I've got a pest problem I need to tend to.

Posted by: Alex Levy | May 19, 2005 04:38 PM

alright im only fourteen years old and i can point out some errors in placement of genre in the last two posts. for one thing star wars isnt a childrens movie and for another dr. spock is from Star Trek you anebreated hippy. and id like to mention that there is a sevent story it just was written by some othere guy not george lucas and never made it to theatres. that same guy wrote an eighth and ninth story line also. to finish this id like to ask ashton ray what game he saw this in and when it was made.

Posted by: garv | June 2, 2005 03:14 PM

There is a seventh movie on the way, it WAS written by Lucas, and its being planned now. Its a prequal to the phantom menace, set waay before it, and focuses on Yoda, and how he became the great Jedi he is in the movies now.

Its true, Google 'Seventh Star wars movie'

Posted by: TBiz | June 3, 2005 01:38 AM

Alrighty, Im going to help clear up some of your guy's issue's here.

Now there is a Seventh Episode, but infact it is not the "seventh" per-say, it is well if you had to put a number on it
Episode 0, or Episode -1 hah, the reason I say that is because the story the previous poster mentioned that was written by Lucas, was infact written by lucas, and does focus on Yoda.

Now, having said that, there is a
Seventh Movie / After Return of the Jedi
which was Not written by lucas, and there is an eigth and ninth episode too, which WERE Written by lucas. From what I gathered he had written the eigth and ninth and let a friend of his or a relative write the seventh something of that sort I honestly forget what was said.

Now for those of you who are curious as to Mr Lucas's intentions for the Star Wars Saga...
(This is his own words)
.: I would like to make or see the three made that happen after return of the jedi :.
.: Consequently, these movies have taken over my life but after completing the sequal's, I would like to make the three that happen before The Phantom Menance.
Who knows if I will be around long enough to do it all but its worth a shot :.

Anyways I work in the industry so now and then we come across cool things like that..I love Star Wars as well, so just thought Id throw my input in..

You guys take it easy.

Ps, there is a 3rd Trilogy on the way
Merry Christmas ;)

Email me if ya got any questions
calgary04flames@hotmail.com

Posted by: Jeff | August 15, 2005 08:47 AM

The only good Star Wars was the first one, in 1977. All the others are a joke, with these new three being the biggest of that joke. If Lucas makes a 7th, he shouldn't write it or direct it, just produce it and nothing else. He should get Luke and Han and Leia back before they all get 100 years old, and focus on an entirely new script written by someone else, and something that is totally new and more like the original Star Wars from '77. It SHOULD be a kiddy movie like the first one, have alot less special effects, with some significant effects at the right moments, and actually deal with characters that someone can get attached to and admire, not hate.

The new script should have absolutely nothing to do with the database on starwars.com. The Empire Strikes Back was the beginning of the end for Star Wars as a whole, and it has become progressively worse as time has rolled on. Lucas has one chance to save his original creation. I hope he makes the right choice.

Posted by: Tom | November 9, 2005 11:35 AM

look Star Wars rocks

to clarify something there are many books set after Return of the Jedi also there are some set before The Phantom Mence.in the ones after RofJ(Return of the Jedi) Luke does get together with someone and Han Solo and Princess Leia get married.

so there

P.S. there were originaly only 3 movies
one was phantom mence,attack of the clones and revenge of the sith combine
one was a new haope, empire strikes back and return of the jedi combine
and another one which i dont know amything about

Posted by: sian | December 6, 2005 02:19 PM

I would believe that there should be a seventh episode. One reason is because it should tell what happened after Darth Vader died. For example, Luke opens up a Jedi Academy up on Tatooine and has a son that enters... Well, I love the series, but the saga ends too quick!!!

Posted by: Tyler Worsham | March 25, 2006 10:10 PM

I remember reading an interview with George Lucus in Starburst about 20 years ago. He said that he intended the Star Wars saga as a 9 movie series. He made the middle 3 first as he didn't think he had the budget to make the 1st three (i.e. Phantom, Clones & Sith) at that time. He just had a sketchy idea about the final three, but he had a working title of 'The Old Republic' for episode 7...

Posted by: JohnB | March 28, 2006 10:57 AM